Translate

Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 2: Raise Your Hand if You Are Always Behind....

So...I started this once a day blog challenge for April. Motivation. I need motivation. What's better than just 30 days of blog writing? That should be easy, right?

Day 2: I failed.

I didn't mean to fail. In my true kindergarten teacher voice I can say I made choices that led to consequences. The consequence: no blog post for yesterday.

If you are at all like me, you realize the day is short and life is full of choices to make. Heck, life is short. So...you better make damn good choices.

So...when two options came up yesterday...visiting baby goats next door and making homemade Mac n' Cheese (that my daughter wanted) versus going to Jazzercise...the former won out. For no other reason than I can't be in two places at once.

Some of you might say, "Good excuse not to exercise." On the contrary I am loving Jazzercise since I joined in January and realized, unlike 1986, I no longer have to wear a leotard and tights to go.

But, life is truly short...and there is only so much time...and when life says, "Hey, don't you want to see those adorable, just born goats next door?" You go.

Isn't this the most adorable picture? I love goats!
 
So go ahead and join me on the road to failure...I mean, enjoyment.
 
If its one thing I can share with you this day it is this: life is too short to do anything that doesn't make you happy or grow you.
 
So Cheesy. So Easy to Say. But it's 100% true.
 
Because see...I know it now. I know it because my brother died from ALS last year...WAY too young... And I know it because the guy I thought I would spend the rest of my life with ended up convicted of manslaughter of my brother in law and therefore is now my Ex and in prison...how is that for the unexpected? I sound like a movie of the week.
 
No one knows when AWFUL will happen...but it will happen...trust me. So chose enjoyment above all else...stop and smell the flowers, really actually smell them, gaze up at the sky and enjoy the beauty nature provides, enjoy time with folks who matter, doing things that are fun...because when you die, you won't look back and say, "Gee, I really wish I wouldn't have spent that money going on a trip to Seattle, riding the Great Wheel, enjoying my life." Instead you'll say, "Damn, that was quick."
 
LOVE. LIFE. LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment