Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Best Break Ever

I am sitting on my chaise lounge, next to the fire, writing this blog. Drooly cat has just figured out my location via some advanced form of cat ESP, and my Christmas cards are done. Well, to clarify, they are being done somewhere, far away, but the point is I actually got the order done this year!

I wane between a Type A and a Type B...is there a type C? Answer thanks to Google: There is indeed, and actually a D too, but neither are me. Since you asked, C's are detail oriented and not assertive. D's are plain depressed all the time. Seriously, it looks like whomever made up that personality scale was definitely going off a report card. Looking back, who made the A's? People stressed, competitive, and/or geeks who liked school (before you chastise me for that, know that was me). B's are less competitive, but still achievers. They can be major procrastinators. (That's me now. I no longer care about the A. I just want it done...typically at 11:58 pm PST.) Who was that in school? The kids bright AND social. A good mix., So mark me a B+.

What does this have to do with break?

I am happy...
           ecstatic....
               over the moon thrilled that I never made it in to my classroom over the last 4 days.

To be honest...I was there once...for 20 minutes to feed the fish...and then I left and I was joyful!

Only because I was mindful and gave all of the break to me....(and my daughter). I believe it's partially due to that Type B personality. I felt no need to run in and do things I am sure do not matter to the kiddos. They need good teaching and materials with fun thrown in. I own this.

Instead,

I:

Enjoyed an AWESOME Thanksgiving with my sister and parents. I love to laugh until I cry and it always happens when we gather for a family meal (Watch out for the cardboard, Christine! Megan, are you really staring at yourself in the mirror while talking to me? Mom, did you really say that? One more rendition of Jessie's girl please!)

Ate all the leftovers, twice, the next day. I would have eaten them 4 days in a row if I had more. I could live on Spinach Rice Casserole, rolls, and gravy.

Cleaned and organized Sierra's room removing one full bag of non-essentials (I told her it was trash). It made her, and I, both happier. She played in that room, actually finding things, for the next three days.

Took Si out for black Friday at noon (which in our town, means going to the store) followed up by her favorite place in the whole world, Carl's Jr. (Note to McDonalds: removing your playground was not a good idea. CJ gets all the kids now.)

Wrote 3 times on my blog, 3 times!! That's more than I've managed in the last 3 months.

Ordered online for black Friday, scoring things I really wanted, without leaving the couch.

Dressed Si up to see Santa and visited him, free of charge, leaving with a killer picture that adorns my Christmas card (no long line and saved $50 this year!)

I cleaned out Sierra's collection of clothes and shoes that rival Barbie's. Letting things go that we didn't need.

Hung up our own Christmas lights and brought in the tree.

And let's not leave out one of the best things this break....a daughter sleeping in her own bed! I'm excited to get real sleep, even if I am freezing as she took my electric blanket...I better get online. Maybe Cyber Monday has a sale on them...


         

No comments:

Post a Comment