Translate

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Square Dancing

It was second grade with Mrs. Chormicle. His name was Jeff and he had blond hair. We were partnered up for square dancing, which, in second grade, I thought was the absolute bomb. I'm pretty sure Jeff was my first crush. Unfortunately, the school I attended, Roy R. Marriott, was considered too old to be used any longer and the end of second grade signaled a new school for everyone there.

I thought of Jeff last night as I wrote a note for my daughter...
"Mom, write love, love, love Sierra, love, love, love, love, love love. I'm pretty sure someones mom is looking in a backpack at this time and wondering if my daughter is a stalker. The card also included a list of random words which made no sense whatsoever. My only thought: she wanted to see how they were spelled.

She then got an old boy toy, a pseudo spy watch from Carl's Jr, wrapped it in a paper sack, and attached the card to it.

When I asked why she wanted to do this she said, "My teacher says we are all family in here and I love my family."

"Ok, so do you want to make out any other cards for others?"
"No," she said, "just his."


Later today I asked if she gave him the card and gift. She said yes. When asked if he liked it, she said he thought it was, "awesome."

I don't think I need to worry about my daughter. She has more gumption in kindergarten than I even have to this day...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment