Translate

Thursday, November 26, 2015

What Are You Thankful For?

In the past I did one of those challenges where I posted something I was thankful for each day in November. I didn't do it this year, feeling some pressure from those who think it is annoying. However, I cannot over emphasize the need for mindfulness...the ability to step back and think about what is happening.

On my wall hangs canvas art that states, "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful..."

And that is so true. If you wait for life to be perfect to be wonderful, I'm pretty sure you will be waiting a very, very long time.

Many times we can get focused on the negative so much so that we miss the obvious day to day joys in life like:

*the giggle when my daughter is having immense fun
*the purring cat who thinks I'm the bomb
*the niece who actually thinks I'm cool enough to be around
*the beauty of a star filled sky on a crisp night, a orange moon rising, a beautiful sunset
*the feeling of the sand under your feet at the beach
*the joy you feel when you haven't ran out of money mid-month
* a student telling you they love you
*talking to a friend and laughing uncontrollably
*the feeling of a warm fire
*helping others
*baby chickens

Cherish the little things...its better that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment