Translate

Monday, September 22, 2014

A Flower Does Not Think of Competing. It just blooms.

#instacollage #quotes #quotestoliveby #nocompetition #beyouonlybetter #teachersofinstagram
I absolutely LOVE this quote. I truly do. It is one we should live by in our hearts and minds as teachers. Teaching is hard, laborious, full of stress, as well as joys. The stress we do not need is from competing with one another.

I think about things for my classroom and I look for ways to improve my craft, show my love for life, instill a love of learning within my kiddos, and yet, some teachers do not feel the same way. My motto has always been, "Don't reinvent the wheel" and "Do unto others as you would want done unto yourself." I believe in giving freely my ideas and being honest in my thoughts. We spend enough time in the classroom as teachers, says the bitter lady who was at the classroom until 7, on a Sunday, with a cranky preschooler in tow.

Life isn't about being voted the best teacher by what you have or use. Life is about remembering what matters most and doing the best for your family, your sanity,  as well as your students. We can't achieve it if we compete.

So next time the ugly green monster rears it's head, saying you are not doing enough, you won't be liked enough, you are not good enough. Remember, what matters is how YOU grew without the thought of another.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment